Trauma can be any life experience that overwhelms a person’s resources and leaves physiological effects of unintegrated stress. This can include anything from the everyday stresses of life to bigger emotional events such as death, loss or divorce. When left unhealed or unintegrated, trauma can get locked into the body, causing emotional, mental and physical symptoms. SE is a slow, gentle and highly effective way to release any stored traumatic energy and return the system to balance and wholeness.
- Emotional trauma such as death, divorce or other loss
- Life transitions such as moving, new parenthood, new relationship
- Hormonal shifts such as pregnancy, PMS, menopause
- Physical trauma such as a car accident, falls, injuries
- stress, anxiety, fatigue, hormonal imbalances
- Pre & perinatal birth trauma
- Increased energy and vitality
- Decreased anxiety and hypervigilance
- Soften bodily tension
- Increased fluidity, mobility and flexibility
- Feel a general sense of safety and security in life
- Awaken to the magic of life
- A greater connection to one’s wholeness, well being and freedom
What to expect from a SE session?
Sessions are done sitting, while the client focuses on tracking sensations within the body as they arise moment to moment. This allows for unresolved life experiences to complete their sequencing through the nervous system. With the support of the practitioner, held past experiences are unwound and gently released.
To book a private Somatic Experiencing Session, please contact Somatic Sanctuary.